Free Keyword Research Tools
- The SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool is a fast, free easy-to-use tool powered by Wordtracker that can help you discover what keywords you should be targeting for your website.
- Keyword Discovery’s keyword research tool is considered the keyword tool of choice by many search industry experts. WESST is among its satisfied subscribers. Sign up for their free trial version and check it out for yourself.
- Register for two free hours of keyword research from Wordtracker, a premium web-based subscription keyword research service.
Miscellaneous Tools and SEO Resources
- Bad Neighborhood’s cool tool will scan the links on your website and flag potential problems with your linking strategies, such as linking to bad neighborhood.
- XML-Sitemaps.com offers this free online Google XML sitemaps generator.
- Use your Google Account to sign up for Google Analytics, a free service offering website traffic measurement and interactive reporting. A great way to see how visitors actually interact with your site.
- Register for one of Search Marketing Now’s free Webcasts and learn the latest search engine marketing techniques from the industry’s leading authorities with the convenience of attending online.
- On-demand search marketing Webcasts sponsored by iProspect are an excellent resource for learning SEO/SEM strategies, tactics and solutions. Just fill out a registration form and you can view any Webcast listed on the site at a time that’s convenient for you.
- WebSiteOptimization.com offers a cool web-based tool that will analyze the download time of any Web page.
- SEOmoz is a Seattle-based SEO company that provides education, tools, resources, and paid services for search marketers and site owners worldwide.
- A section of Search Engine Watch called Search 101 (formerly called A Webmaster’s Guide To Search Engines) provides webmasters, site owners and web marketers with tons of useful search marketing information – from properly submitting to search engines to search and user-friendlhy page design.
- The Internet Archive (IA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining an archive of the Web and multimedia resources. The Archive includes archived copies of web pages taken at various points in time, as well as software, movies, books, and audio recordings. Be sure to check out their “Wayback Machine” that gives a snapshot of web pages throughout their history.