From Idea to Business in 54 hours
Have you ever had an idea for a business that you wanted to pursue? How about a problem that you’d like to solve but don’t know where to start or who to start with?
Well, have we got a plan for you!
ABQ Startup Weekend 2019, with support from premium sponsor, New Mexico Mutual Insurance, is the place to look for a business startup team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend!
Join us here at WESST the weekend of February 22nd, and bring lots of energy! You’ll pitch your own business idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get an even fuller experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team you form to create your business.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues.
Over the course of the weekend you’ll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You’ll brainstorm, set a plan of action, get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely!
ABQ Startup Weekend 2019, sponsored by New Mexico Mutual Insurance, WESST, and ABQid is a full weekend long experience taking place at the WESST Enterprise Center on Broadway Blvd., in the heart of the Innovation District near downtown Albuquerque. Your ticket includes:
- Featured Speaker, Trish Lopez, who launched Teeniors at a Startup Weekend!
- 6 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend.
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners.
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors.
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- The chance to see your business idea come to fruition (and win great prizes).
- All the internet, coffee, and snacks you can consume.