WESST Albuquerque EventHow to Assemble and Prosecute Your Own Patent Application
This seminar will include:
- A review of patent coverage, other forms of protection and applicable
- How to prepare before drafting a patent application
- A review of the specific mechanics of writing the application to maximize
the probability of achieving issued claims
- Claim drafting to maximize the scope and value to the patent owner
while providing the best protection to survive future challenges
- Overview of the entire patent prosecution process and how to
correspond with the Patent Office to get your patent claims approved
- Review of Patent Office procedures for enhancing or challenging patents
- How to preserve international filing rights
Target audience: Inventors, business owners, scientists, engineers, technical staff, others involved in technology development.
Instructor: Andrew Salazar
Andrew Salazar has been working in the field of technology commercialization for over 15 years. He has also lead teams in manufacturing process control and enterprise system configuration; strategic planning, financial budgeting, forecasting, analysis and auditing; sales and marketing; and in various service delivery areas such as venture capital consulting, patent portfolio analysis and equipment service with such notable companies as General Motors, United Technologies’ Otis Elevator, PB, Inc.(Xerox agency) and Bell Group. Mr. Salazar has BS in Mechanical Engineering with an Electrical Engineering Option and an MBA. He is a Registered Patent Agent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.