Albuquerque Region Job OpeningAssistant Director of Finance
Opening posted through October 3, 2016
This position will work closely under the supervision of the WESST Finance Director, handling an increasing level of bookkeeping, accounting and finance responsibilities. Advancing to the Director of Finance position within the next 3 years is a potential career path. Reports to the Director of Finance.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management.
- Analytical and organizational abilities.
- Experience in financial reporting.
- Competency at QuickBooks, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Skilled in maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Able to work under pressure with rigid deadlines.
- Experienced in use of various MS Office software applications including MS Word, MS Excel.
- Ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates with experience in nonprofit accounting are preferred.
- Responsible for general ledger functions including but not limited to bank reconciliations, journal entries, and analysis.
- Maintains accounts payable in accordance with operative procedures.
- Prepares vouchers and/or purchase requisitions and verifies supportive documentation for approval. Ensures that expenses fall within the budget guidelines and verifies that funds are available to cover expenses.
- Processes and maintains a log of all revenue/cash receipts and petty cash transactions; writes transfers and deposits cash and checks.
- Maintains and properly files financial records and correspondence.
- Processes payroll timesheets, employee updates, federal and state payroll taxes.
- Prepares bi-monthly payroll and disbursements from the payroll system.
- Assists in preparation of federal and state tax reports and corporate tax reports.
- Completes preparations and research for fiscal year & payroll audits.
- Completes preparations for the organizational audit completed by third party auditors.
- Corresponds with vendors including billings and collections.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial statements.
- Assist with duties related to human resources, including health and dental insurance, simple plan and cafeteria plan administration.
- Assists with and continues to learn the grants management process.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing WESST financial policies and procedures.
- Keeps current on the financial condition of WESST by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data, including cash balances.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Processes the FFR (formerly the (PCS-272).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in workload volumes and priorities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write and document methodology and protocols as required.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of computer hardware and software,including word processing and spreadsheet programs such as MS Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Flexible attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minor supervision.
- Strong listening skills.
- Primarily an office environment
- Extensive computer operations
- Filing and minimal lifting (10 – 20 lbs)
- Noise level is usually moderate
WESST is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter and resume to Clint Reecer, WESST, 609 Broadway, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 or email to creecer AT wesst DOT org. No phone calls, please.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.