Farmington Region Job OpeningBilingual Business Consultant/Trainer, Farmington NM
Opening posted through September 30, 2020
WESST is seeking a dynamic, business savvy individual for a part-time (< 30 hours/week) contract employment position based in Farmington, NM. This contract is for 12 months with the potential for an extension based on performance and additional grant funding. The business Consultant/Trainer will serve individuals who are interested in personal financial fitness, COVID-19 business assistance, and business start-up and growth. Key functions of the position are to provide business consulting, training, and assistance with accessing capital for small businesses. Experience working in a small business or with small business owners is essential. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Navajo (Diné Bizaad) are desired for this position. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Consulting one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Delivering training classes for entrepreneurs and small business owners on relevant topics.
- Working with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending and working with the candidate and the loan department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Working with diverse populations to assist individuals with business consulting, training, and access to capital.
Necessary Skills and Experience
Prior experience training or teaching diverse adult populations.
Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records, consulting activities and training sessions, and consulting and training evaluations.
Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from an accredited educational institution is required. A master’s degree in a business-related field is desired.
- English/Navajo (Diné Bizaad) bilingual proficiency is desired.
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Work could be performed in a traditional office environment or a virtual environment either sitting or standing for extended periods. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Please fill out the application: Bilingual Business Consultant/Trainer Questionnaire
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.