Las Cruces Region Job OpeningBilingual Business Consultant/Trainer Las Cruces
Opening posted through September 30, 2016
Seeking part-time, contract position based in Las Cruces, NM. Bilingual Business Consultant/Trainer will provide entrepreneurial training, one-on-one consulting and access to capital services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) residents in Doña Ana County. In addition, individual will be responsible for nurturing and growing WESST’s relationships with existing and potential community partners.
- Work one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Deliver training classes in Spanish on personal and business financial literacy, business planning and other related business topics.
- Work with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending, and work with the candidate and the Loan Department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Outreach to the LEP community to assist individuals with obtaining business consulting, training, and access to capital.
- Market WESST’s services to the community through speaking engagements, participation at community events, and other activities.
- Manage and build on relationships with community partners who also serve the LEP population.
- Submit required program, funder and operational reports on a timely basis.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- English/Spanish bilingual fluency is a requirement (may be tested).
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse populations. Experience training adults is preferred.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with past management experience, especially experience related to program or project management.
- Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups.
- Superior to excellent computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is required. A master’s degree in a business-related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates holding professional certifications from associations with governed accreditation bodies.
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening and occasionally on weekends.
- Most work will be performed in an office environment, sitting or standing. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Please fill out the application: Business Consultant/Trainer Questionnaire
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.