Las Cruces Region Job OpeningBilingual Business Consultant/Trainer, Las Cruces NM
Opening posted through September 30, 2018
Seeking part-time, contract position based in Las Cruces, NM. Bilingual Business Consultant/Trainer will provide entrepreneurial training, one-on-one consulting and access to capital services to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) residents in Doña Ana County. In addition, individual will be responsible for nurturing and growing WESST’s relationships with existing and potential community partners.
- Outreach to the LEP community in Doña Ana County to assist individuals with obtaining business consulting, training, and access to capital.
- Market WESST’s services to the community through speaking engagements, participation at community events, and other activities.
- Manage and build on relationships with community partners who also serve the LEP population.
- Deliver training classes in Spanish on personal and business financial literacy, business planning and other related business topics.
- Work one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Work with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending, and work with the candidate and the Loan Department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Submit required program, funder and operational reports on a complete and timely basis.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- English/Spanish bilingual fluency is a requirement (may be tested).
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse populations. Experience training adults is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Associates degree or relevant experience in a related business field of study is required.
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening and occasionally on weekends.
- Most work will be performed in an office environment, sitting or standing. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Please fill out the application: Business Consultant/Trainer Questionnaire
To learn more about this exciting opportunity to serve the LEP business and entrepreneur community in Doña Ana County, please contact Humberto Hijar, Regional Manager of WESST in Las Cruces at (575) 541-1583.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.