Albuquerque Region Job OpeningBilingual Community Liaison
Opening posted through March 20, 2018
Seeking part-time contract Bilingual Community Liaison, based in Albuquerque, NM. WESST is launching a place-based initiative that will be piloted in one or more underserved Albuquerque neighborhoods. This initiative will incorporate Human Centered Design (HCD) to engage diverse entrepreneurs in identifying their fears, barriers and motivations around money and business finances.
- Work with WESST Project Manager to execute project plan, follow timeline and work with entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Work with identified community development organizations to schedule and coordinate community meetings and follow up.
- Outreach to community members in English and Spanish to assist individuals with obtaining business consulting, training and access to capital.
- Research and synthesize findings into deployable reports related to project.
- Data collection and entry on project participants and project information.
- Manage and build on relationships with community partners who also serve the Spanish speaking population.
- Submit required program, funder and operational reports on a timely basis.
- Other duties as may arise in relation to project development.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- English/Spanish bilingual fluency is a requirement (may be tested).
- Prior experience working with or teaching diverse populations. Understanding of the barriers underserved communities in Albuquerque face when trying to launch or grow their small business.
- Knowledge of Human Centered Design principals, past experience using process is valuable.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English through all forms of communication: telephone, in-person and email.
- In-depth understanding of financial literacy topics as they relate to personal and small business financial wellness.
- Preference will be given to candidates with past project management experience, including a management of a small cohort of community leaders.
- Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups in an understandable way.
- Superior to excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is preferred or equivalent experience/course work. Consideration will be given to candidates that have established relationships and knowledge of other community organizations that serve diverse populations of entrepreneurs/small business owners.
- Schedule flexibility is required, this project and associated events frequently take place in the evening.
- Ability to arrive via own transportation for meetings in community settings at different locations.
Please fill out the application: Bilingual Community Liaison Application
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.