Las Cruces Region Job OpeningBusiness Consultant/Trainer, Southern New Mexico
Opening posted through April 2, 2018
WESST is seeking a dynamic, business savvy individual for a full-time, salaried position based in Las Cruces, NM. The Regional Manager will serve individuals in Southern, New Mexico who are interested in starting or growing a small business. Key functions of the position are to provide business training, consulting, and assistance with accessing capital for small businesses in the region.
- Consulting one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Delivering training classes for entrepreneurs and small business owners on relevant topics.
- Working with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending, and working with the candidate and the loan department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Working with diverse populations to assist individuals with obtaining business consulting, training, and access to capital.
- Marketing WESST’s services to the community through speaking engagements, participation at community events, and other activities.
- Submitting required program, funder and operational reports on a timely basis.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse populations. Experience training adults is preferred.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with past management experience, especially experience related to program or project management.
- Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups.
- Superior to excellent computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- English/Spanish bilingual proficiency is desirable.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is required. A master’s degree in a business-related field is preferred. Exceptional consideration will be given to candidates holding professional certifications from associations with governed accreditation bodies.
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Up to 10% business travel may be required.
- Most work will be performed in an office environment, sitting or standing. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Please fill out the application: Business Consultant/Trainer Application
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.