Albuquerque Region Job OpeningDevelopment Officer
Opening posted through June 20, 2016
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting minimum annual fundraising goal of $350,000.
- Actively participates in setting financial goals and producing outcomes for the Development Department’s growth and success.
- Executes full grant life cycle, including research, outreach, proposal development and writing, tracking, relationship management and reporting.
- Ensures that donor tracking, cultivation, recognition and stewardship activities are integrated with WESST’s ongoing development and marketing efforts.
- Updates and manages Salesforce database, including timely data entry and reporting.
- Analyzes donor data and history to capitalize on development opportunities.
- Helps to develop and participates in regional fundraising activities throughout the state.
- Helps identify and implement new development strategies.
- Works with Board members and other community leaders to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new donors through special events, one-on-one and group meetings.
- Participates fully in Development Department communications efforts and updates, including quarterly newsletter, online Charity websites, donor communications.
- Displays passion for WESST’s mission
- Displays passion and optimism for fundraising while exemplifying WESST’s core values
- Takes initiative to grow and improve areas of responsibility.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Values and contributes to a teamwork environment
- Understands that development is multi-faceted and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
This position may occasionally supervise departmental volunteers.
- Primarily an office environment
- Extensive computer operations
- Filing and minimal lifting (10 – 20 lbs)
- Noise level is usually moderate
WESST is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter and resume to Dianne Campbell, WESST, 609 Broadway, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 or email to dcampbell AT wesst DOT org.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.