Albuquerque Region Job OpeningDirector of Lending, Albuquerque, NM
Opening posted through November 30, 2020
WESST is seeking a full-time Director of Lending to manage our small business loan fund which was established in 1990 to provide loan capital to women, people of color and low-wealth New Mexicans. Ideal candidates will have significant experience in lending, preferably as an alternative/non-profit lender. Strong financial, lending and business skills required for the position as is experience in working with diverse entrepreneurs and the challenges they face. Bilingual candidates, women and people of color encouraged to apply.
- Provide strategic leadership for WESST’s access to capital initiatives
- Manage WESST’s loan portfolio and work to mitigate loan delinquencies and defaults.
- Work directly with loan applicants in a professional, courteous, timely and responsive manner to guide them through the application process.
- Supervise Loan Department staff.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with funders, banks and other lending organizations in New Mexico.
- Identify new capital access opportunities for WESST.
- Maintain accurate client records in accordance with WESST’s established processes.
- Act as the primary liaison for the WESST Loan Fund Committee, including the recruitment of new members, as appropriate.
- Liaise with WESST staff to maintain active client relationships with all borrowers.
- Maintain working knowledge of the small business lending environment in New Mexico.
- Review, modify and implement guidelines and procedures to enhance the effectiveness and success of WESST’s lending initiatives.
- Prepare and submit loan fund reports as required.
- Represent WESST as an ambassador for what we do and who we are.
- Foster and promote WESST programs and services.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Significant lending experience, particularly to diverse, small business owners.
- Strong financial, budgetary and credit analysis skills, including writing credit memos.
- Experience in working with small business owners, particularly as a trainer and consultant.
- In-depth understanding of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, business planning, marketing and sales, business operations and technology integration.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with diverse cultures and personalities.
- Advanced computer skills, including prior experience with loan tracking software; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in finance or business from an accredited institution is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) proficiency is highly desired
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Work could be performed in a traditional office environment or a virtual environment either sitting or standing for extended periods.
Interested applicants can forward their resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.