Albuquerque Region Job OpeningFront Desk Admin
Opening posted through February 28, 2020
WESST is seeking an experienced Front Desk Admin for award-winning statewide non-profit economic development organization. Ideal candidate is passionate about entrepreneurship, has great customer service, organizational skills, embraces multi-tasking and thrives in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Responsible for managing front desk operations in the WESST Enterprise Center.
Accountable for supporting WESST’s Women’s Business Centers throughout the state.
Accountable for supporting various administrative, scheduling and coordinating needs of the WESST President.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as receptionist; greets and directs visitors; takes and conveys phone messages; provides information in response to requests from other employees, and WESST incubator member companies and the public.
- Maintain meeting room schedule for WEC; makes arrangements for all meeting room and event set up.
- Receives, logs, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence and deliveries.
- Conducts periodic inspections of assigned building and grounds; initiates action to correct janitorial and maintenance deficiencies noted during these inspections.
- Schedules phone conferences as requested (joinme.com).
- Responds to requests from WBC staff throughout the state.
- Create supplies inventory procedures & ordering for all WBCs: office supplies, stationary, break room & restroom/janitorial supplies, etc. Audit levels of inventory to reduce out-of-stocks through accurate forecasting.
- Photocopies, collates, and distributes documents.
- Reviews and verifies forms for completeness in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Processes and records all contributions to WESST.
- Processes client loan and consulting payments.
- Maintains log for all bills and invoices for WEC Director and VP Finance signatures.
- Performs monthly elevator inspection process.
- Provides alarm and HVAC back-up to WEC Director.
- Creates guest list for all WESST Staff guests.
- Responsible for updating voicemail messages on the front desk phone during WESST holidays.
- Maintains the list of all WESST wireless networks/passwords.
- Updates emergency numbers/procedures for reporting homeless.
- Maintains the Front Desk documents on SharePoint.
- Manages the petty cash drawer.
- Provides ongoing administrative support to the WESST President.
- Prepares outgoing correspondence, including emails, faxes, and memos.
- Makes travel arrangements according to established policies and procedures; prepares required documents and submits for approval.
- Creates correspondence, reports, minutes, agendas, or memos from drafts, recordings or verbal instruction.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Behaviors and Competencies:
Specific behaviors and competencies that are essential to success for this position include but are not limited to:
- Bilingual, English – Spanish (Required)
- Team Player.
- Positive Attitude.
- Relationship oriented; truly likes interacting with people.
- Passionate about WESST and its mission.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of records management and basic accounting procedures.
- Demonstrable skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs including MS Office: Word; Publisher; Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to plan, assign, and review the work of vendors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.