Albuquerque Region Job OpeningLoan Officer, Albuquerque NM
Opening posted through June 30, 2021
WESST is seeking a part or full-time Loan Officer to support our lending and capital access programs in New Mexico which are targeted to women, people of color and low-wealth New Mexicans. Ideal candidates will have significant experience in lending, preferably as an alternative/non-profit lender. Strong financial, lending and business skills required for the position as is experience in working with diverse entrepreneurs and the challenges they face. Bilingual candidates, women and people of color encouraged to apply.
- Respond to loan inquiries and work with interested applicants on all aspects of applicant’s business and personal finances to determine the feasibility of a successful fit with the WESST Loan program.
- Work with loan applicants through every phase of the application process, providing pre-loan and post-loan technical assistance and conducting consulting and training activities as needed to enhance borrower’s success.
- Interface with the WESST Loan Committee regarding loan requests and other loan/borrower matters as necessary.
- Prepare credit memoranda and loan documents.
- Oversee client compliance with loan agreements.
- Handle work-outs and foreclosures.
- Promote the WESST Loan Fund Program through presentations, meetings and other marketing activities.
- Maintain accurate client records in accordance with WESST’s established processes.
- Liaise with WESST staff to maintain active client relationships with all borrowers.
- Maintain working knowledge of the small business lending environment in New Mexico.
- Prepare and submit loan fund reports as required.
- Represent WESST as an ambassador for what we do and who we are.
- Foster and promote WESST programs and services.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Significant lending experience, particularly to diverse, small business owners.
- Strong financial, budgetary and credit analysis skills, including writing credit memos.
- Experience in working with small business owners, particularly as a trainer and consultant.
- In-depth understanding of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, business planning, marketing and sales, business operations and technology integration.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with diverse cultures and personalities.
- Advanced computer skills, including prior experience with loan tracking software; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in finance or business from an accredited institution is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) proficiency is highly desired
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Work could be performed in a traditional office environment or a virtual environment either sitting or standing for extended periods.
Interested applicants can forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.