Albuquerque Region Job OpeningPart-time Staff Accountant
Opening posted through September 7, 2017
Under the general supervision of WESST’s Director of Finance, the staff accountant provides technical expertise in the Finance Department, including A/P, A/R general ledger, recurring activities/entries, to subsidiaries/feeder systems, balancing and reconciling bank statements, and monthly accounts 25 to 30 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting required and three (3) years directly related experience, preferably working in a non-profit capacity. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted, if it directly relates to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable financial and accounting systems, regulations, and professional standards.
- Initiative to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with employees.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives, organize activities and projects, implement appropriate systems, negotiate win/win situations, work independently, and demonstrate good judgment.
- Competency with computer equipment and software and other electronic devises to perform work effectively and efficiently. Knowledge of Quick-books, Microsoft Word, Excel, and accounting software.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Able to work under pressure with rigid deadlines.
- Skilled in maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Reconciles bank accounts, maintains and balances monthly cash disbursement journals, cash receipt journals, and payroll journals.
- Accounts Payable: post invoices, bills and reimbursement requests.
- Accounts Receivable: post deposits; donor contributions, pledges, program income, in-kind donations etc.; reconcile monthly.
- Timely and accurate billings and receivables (weekly, monthly, and annually).
- Prepares, on a timely basis semimonthly payroll, preparation of federal W-2, W-3, and 1099 reports.
- Create and maintain a variety of spreadsheets.
- Assist with duties related to human resources, including maintaining and updates of payroll personnel/ employee benefits.
- Maintains and applies rules, procedures, controls, and chart of accounts to conform to the operational needs of WESST.
- Other duties as assigned.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter and resume to Agnes Maldonado, WESST, 609 Broadway, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102 or email to amaldonado AT wesst DOT org. No phone calls, please.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.