WESST Las Cruces TrainingEtsy Craft Entrepreneurship
If you make custom jewelry, decorative home items , or other handmade products for sale or gift-giving, in this workshop you can learn how to sell your work online with Etsy! This course teach you the steps of how to start an online shop for your unique line of handcrafted items, under the guidance of an experienced Etsy seller.
You will learn how to use the Etsy platform from start to finish, and walk away with the tools you need to start a successful online business.
- Has not made more than a few sales on Etsy.com
- Be computer savvy and have consistent access to a computer and internet
- Have a credit card and bank account (necessary for sales transactions on your Etsy site)
- Commitment to learn from and be present at all workshops
- Willingness to commit to homework completion
- Have access to a smart phone or digital camera to use product photographs in class
- Have at least one handmade item ready to sell online with a plan and the ability and motivation to develop a line of products to make the site competitive.
Class One – Introduction to Etsy, Opening and setting up your shop, Defining your product, Your target customer.
Class Two – Branding and branding values, Foundations of a cohesive shop, Branding of your shop, SEO
Class Three – Pricing and shipping, How to photograph your products, Live photoshoot, Editing photographs
Class Four – Intro to marketing, Social media marketing, Customer service, Managing your time, Next steps and resources
January 14th,16th, 21st, and 23rd
Location: Western New Mexico University (Watts Hall)
500 E 18th St
Silver City, NM 87102