Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship
Learn How to Turn Your Craft Passion into an Online Business!
WESST is thrilled to be the New Mexico launching partner for the Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship Program. Do you already make custom jewelry, decorative home items, or other handmade products for sale or gift-giving? If so, this course will teach you how to start an online shop for your unique line of handcrafted items.
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs, WESST is offering classes to help craft makers like you establish an online business to sell your products to a wider market and earn extra income. Craft Entrepreneurship classes at WESST are taught by successful online craft sellers who coach and support participants through every aspect of setting up their online shops alongside WESST trainers who work with small businesses every day. Using Etsy as a learning lab, teachers share best practices on topics that impact new sellers most, including time management, branding, pricing, shipping, and photography, to help them earn supplemental income through their craft business. To minimize startup costs, students will be given the opportunity to list 20 items for sale for free on Etsy.com.
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
- Commit to attending all classes (about 14 hours total) at WESST
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Priority seating is available to low-income participants. Must be willing to supply income verification.
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
For additional details about the workshops in Albuquerque, please contact Julianna Silva @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional details about the workshops in Northern New Mexico, please visit: Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship-Northern New Mexico Region
For additional details about the workshop in Las Cruces, please contact Alicia Garcia @ email@example.com.
For additional details about the workshop in Rio Rancho, please contact Brad Crowson @ firstname.lastname@example.org.