Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship-ABQ
The next Craft Entrepreneurship Program in Albuquerque will begin on
August 29th from 5:00pm – 7:00pm at WESST Albuquerque (Broadway and Lomas).
Applications are due by August 19th. Applicants will receive notification of acceptance by August 23rd.
There is a $39.00 classroom/materials fee due prior to or on the first day of the workshop series.
Current schedule is as follows:
August 29, 2019 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
September 5, 2019 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
September 12, 2019 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
September 14, 2019 – 9:00am – 1:00pm (this is a hands-on Photography workshop on Saturday; bring products to photograph & upload to ETSY store)
September 19, 2019 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
September 26, 2019 – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
- Commit to attending all classes (about 14 hours total) at WESST
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Priority seating is available to low-income participants. Must be willing to supply income verification.
Must know basics of operating a computer and navigating a web browser. This includes (but is not limited to) being able to do the following tasks:
Start up and shut down a computer
Open a web browser window, and then open a tab in a browser
Enter text into a web form
Navigate to a folder within a computer’s file system
WESST is not able to provide basic computer-skills training during the Etsy class sessions. Basic computer skills are a MUST for anyone planning to enroll in the Etsy program.
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.