Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship-Rio Rancho
The Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship Program in Rio Rancho will begin on
July 13, 2019 from 10:00am – 12:00pm at WESST Rio Rancho (Chamber Conference Room).
Applications are due by July 10, 2019. Application review will be completed and applicants will receive notification of acceptance by July 11, 2019
There is a $60.00 classroom/materials fee due prior to or on the first day of the workshop series.
Current schedule is as follows:
July 13, 2019 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
July 20, 2019 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
July 27, 2019 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
August 3, 2019 – 10:00am – 2:00pm (this is a hands-on Photography workshop; bring products to photograph & upload to ETSY store)
August 10, 2019 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
August 17, 2019 – 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell, and an idea for a related line of products.
- Commit to attending all classes (about 14 hours total) at WESST
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
- Priority seating is available to low-income participants. Must be willing to supply income verification.
Must know basics of operating a computer and navigating a web browser. This includes (but is not limited to) being able to do the following tasks:
Start up and shut down a computer
Open a web browser window, and then open a tab in a browser
Enter text into a web form
Navigate to a folder within a computer’s file system
WESST is not able to provide basic computer-skills training during the Etsy class sessions. Basic computer skills are a MUST for anyone planning to enroll in the Etsy program.
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.