Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship – Silver City
The Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship workshop series to help creative entrepreneurs start an online shop on Etsy to sell handmade products and create supplemental income in Silver City will begin on October 18, 2017.
The current schedule is as follows:
Western New Mexico University
500 18th Street
Silver City, NM 88061
October 18, 2017 – 10:00am – 2:00pm
October 25, 2017 – 10:00am – 2:00pm
November 1, 2017 – 10:00am – 2:00pm (this is a hands-on photography workshop; bring products to photograph and upload to ETSY store)
November 8, 2017 – 10:00am – 2:00pm
November 15, 2017 – 10:00am – 2:00pm
There is a $19 classroom/materials fee due prior to or on the first day of the workshop series.
Qualified participants will create their own Etsy site while learning business basics like accounting, research, pricing, competitive marketing, shipping and more.
Selection will be on a first come first served basis.
Classes will be taught by WESST’s guest trainer, Kim Muller.
- Resident of Southern New Mexico
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Be computer savvy and have consistent access to a computer and internet
- Have a credit card and bank account (necessary for sales transactions on your Etsy site)
- Commitment to learn from and be present at all workshops
- Willingness to commit to homework completion
- Have access to a smart phone to use product photographs in class
- Have at least one handmade item ready to sell online with a plan and the ability and motivation to develop a line of products to make the site competitive
- *It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Garcia (575.541.1583).