Bilingual Consultant & Trainer–Hobbs, NM
WESST is seeking an energetic team member who understands and appreciates supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners. This position is a full-time employment position based in Hobbs, NM. The Business Consultant/Trainer will serve individuals who are interested in business start-up and growth. Key functions of the position are to provide business consulting, training, and assistance with accessing capital for small businesses. Experience working in a small business or with small business owners is essential. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish are required for this position. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Consulting one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Delivering training classes for entrepreneurs and small business owners on relevant topics.
- Working with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending and working with the candidate and the loan department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Working with diverse populations to assist individuals with business consulting, training, and access to capital.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse adult populations.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
- Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records, consulting activities and training sessions, and consulting and training evaluations.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from an accredited educational institution is required. A master’s degree in a business-related field is desired.
- Spanish/English bilingual proficiency is required for this position
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Work could be performed in a traditional office environment or a virtual environment either sitting or standing for extended periods. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Please send cover letter and resume to AMartinez-Guzman@Wesst.org. No phone calls, please.