Bilingual Community Liaison – Albuquerque
WESST, in partnership with the Economic Mobility Corps, is seeking a part-time Bilingual Community Liaison, based in Albuquerque, NM to assist in the implementation of the WESST Money Learning Lab, a program developed to address gaps in access to financial capability training for all New Mexicans. Women, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are encouraged to apply.
The Economic Mobility Corps (EMC) is the result of a new, innovative partnership between the CDFI Fund, and AmeriCorps. The initiative places AmeriCorps members at certified CDFIs like WESST to serve program clients while simultaneously expanding CDFI capacity to provide financial counseling, broadening the scale and impact of CDFI programs. WESST’s program will focus on the provision of financial counseling services that help people gain increased financial knowledge.
This program enables members to serve for 12-months, beginning March 1, 2022, and total compensation includes:
- $20,000 annual salary based on 1,700 service hours (approximately 32 hours per week).
- 100% premium paid bronze level health care benefit
- Childcare assistance benefit (if primary care giver of a child aged 13 and under)
- Eli Segal Education award – $6,345 education award to return to school or pay off existing student loan debt upon successful program completion
- Earn a CDFI 101 and Credit as an Asset Certificate
- Federal Holidays Off (Except for MLK Day)
- Paid days off
- Receiving knowledge and experience in the field of financial education training, community outreach, and financial coaching.
- Support outreach efforts and development of relationships with community partner organizations.
- Assisting with the development and execution of marketing strategies to promote program client participation in financial capability programs offered by WESST.
- Assist and conduct one-on-one, or group orientation sessions for new program clients to explain Money Learning Lab program and client responsibilities.
- Conduct follow-ups with clients as needed to maintain program engagement.
- Assist with conducting program evaluation and gathering feedback from Money Learning Lab program participants.
- Provide one-on-one personal credit coaching and guide clients in developing a credit plan with the objective of establishing, building, or repairing their credit scores and histories.
- Desire and ability to work with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in low-income distressed neighborhoods
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to learn from and serve others
- Strong organizational, writing, and oral communications skills; and possess a high attention to detail
- Familiarity with community development, financial services, banking/lending terminology including understanding financial planning basics
- Have an interest in a career finance, financial education, business, or entrepreneurship
- Spanish/English bilingual proficiency is required for this position
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Work could be performed in a traditional office environment or a virtual environment either sitting or standing for extended periods. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Economic Mobility Corps (EMC) Program Requirements
- Participants must be 17 years or older.
- Live in New Mexico.
- Have access to reliable transportation on or before the start date.
- Participants must have a high school degree, a GED, or must agree to achieve their high school diploma/GED within the term of service.
- Participants must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong computer and digital skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and handle increasing levels of responsibility with little supervision
To apply, please forward your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com.