Childcare Business Coach
WESST, a pillar of entrepreneurship in New Mexico for over 33 years, is committed to supporting the entrepreneurial aspirations of women, BIPOC, and low-wealth New Mexicans. We are looking for multiple Childcare Business Coaches who will work closely with the Home-Based Childcare Accelerator team. This role focuses on assisting in starting, stabilizing, and growing childcare businesses across New Mexico. These individuals will possess a diverse skill set, including business management knowledge, assisting childcare businesses with compliance, applications, ﬁnances, business planning, and industry best practices, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and familiarity with local resources. Team members will deliver hybrid training and workshops, engage in one-on-one consulting, contribute to the development of toolkits, and identify and address gaps in technical assistance needs. These full-
time roles will be based across the state of New Mexico. The project is based in Albuquerque, but we are looking to hire anywhere in the State of New Mexico.
- Collaborate with the Home-Based Childcare Accelerator team
- Provide coaching and support to new and existing childcare business owners.
- Develop strategies for business stabilization and growth.
- Conduct workshops and training sessions.
- Oﬀer guidance on regulatory compliance and best practices.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Experience in business coaching or consultancy, preferably in childcare or related ﬁelds.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work eﬀectively with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of the childcare industry and business development strategies.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, or a related ﬁeld. or a related area from an accredited educational institution is preferred. However, substantial professional experience in business consulting a similar role may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At WESST, we champion a diverse and inclusive workspace, recognizing that our employees’ varied backgrounds mirror the diverse communities we serve. We understand that women and people of color often hesitate to apply unless they match every job criteria. We urge you to break that trend. If you’re driven by passion and have a desire to serve, regardless of how you align with every job detail, we want to hear from you. Let’s foster innovation, creativity, and collaboration together.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the state up to 25% of time.
- Flexibility in scheduling, including availability for weekend or evening sessions.
Salary Range: $50,000-$70,000, Commensurate with experience, education, skills, and training
Please provide contact information, cover letter, and resume below.
No phone calls please, considered candidates will be contacted.