Digital Studio Manager – Albuquerque, New Mexico
WESST is seeking a dynamic, creative individual to manage its state-of-the art Digital Media studio which is utilized by small and large companies to produce video, livestreaming and digital productions. Great opportunity to grow the studio and develop a professional portfolio of creative productions. Experience in producing digital media content is required. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
The Studio manager will oversee and develop digital media content for a wide range of businesses and organizations.
Current and past usage includes:
- Virtual classroom for distance learning and live streaming
- Recording and editing marketing content for social media
- Full production video and film projects
- Producing in-depth interviews, podcasts, and round table discussions
- Professional state-of-the-art site for film makers needing a sizeable green screen cyclorama wall
- Video screening room/theatre with projector and 42-seat retractable seating system
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Operate and maintain professional studio equipment/creative software. Demonstrate proficiency with modern digital media including but not limited to; Black Magic cameras, Black Magic switchers, Adobe Creative Suite; Final Cut Pro, DaVinci, lighting grid, teleprompter and MS Office Suite.
- Liaise with WESST clients and the community at large wishing to use the studio for productions
- Create production opportunities for local businesses and organizations to contract with CDMS
- Own and drive the Studio’s success (assist to define financial and other business goals, track progress to the goals, and create & drive plans to increase performance to goals) pitching, selling and contracting digital media solutions for clients
- Recruit, train and maintain a team of technical studio contracted crew members
- Establish contractual arrangements with users to ensure that correct safety, insurance, pricing, procedural, and other requirements are met for each studio project
- Manage the calendar for studio bookings
- Work with WESST Marketing Team to design and implement marketing and promotional strategies to achieve WESST’s utilization and financial goals for the studio
- Engage in the regional digital media development community to understand opportunities, create alliances, build awareness for the Studio, support Albuquerque economic development, and increase our value proposition
- Manage nontraditional schedules to accommodate client studio needs which may include nights and weekends
- Make the Comcast Digital Media Studio a successful, self-funded, and growing business that stands on its own
- Enable digital media novices, organizations, solopreneurs and small businesses, advertising agencies and others to succeed and grow their businesses by educating them on digital media production and facilitating the assembly of the right team of experts to produce desired results.
Statement of Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of typical digital media production processes, roles, and equipment sets on and off site. The Studio manager is often expected to act as producer, director, and perform technical duties to ensure appropriate activities and personnel are assigned to make projects successful
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse team members and skill sets (creative, technical, business…), to facilitate the creation of project teams and ensure success in bringing a project idea to fruition
- Demonstrated skill as an independent self-starter and successful builder of a business, understanding the basics of small business management including marketing, managing expenses, etc.
- Organizational skills to facilitate multi-tasking: tracking and driving many projects in different stages, creating leads for the future, ensuring that the studio is being maintained, keeping a crew of certified studio technical users, etc.
- Prior experience/portfolio that demonstrates advanced training or proficiency in:
- Livestreaming and/or distance learning
- Digital Media
- Video production
- Sound production
- Story boarding
- Video Editing
- Adobe Creative/Final Cut Pro/Davinci or other creative software
- Business/Project Management
To apply, please forward your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com.