Farmington, NM–Business Consultant & Trainer
WESST is seeking an energetic team member who understands and appreciates supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners. This position is a full-time contract position based in our Farmington, NM regional office. The Business Consultant/Trainer will serve individuals who are interested in business start-up and growth. Key functions of the position are to provide business consulting, training, and assistance with accessing capital for small businesses. Experience working in a small business or with small business owners is essential. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish are preferred but not required for this position. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Consulting one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Delivering training classes for entrepreneurs and small business owners on relevant topics.
- Working with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending and working with the candidate and the loan department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Working with diverse populations to assist individuals with business consulting, training, and access to capital.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse adult populations.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
- Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client records, consulting activities and training sessions, and consulting and training evaluations.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from an accredited educational institution is required. A master’s degree in a business-related field is desired. However, substantial professional experience in a similar role may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Spanish/English bilingual proficiency is preferred for this position
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Work could be performed in a traditional office environment or a virtual environment either sitting or standing for extended periods. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
To begin the application process, please fill out the position questionnaire below.
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.