Regional Business Consultant & Trainer – Rio Rancho, New Mexico
WESST is seeking a dynamic, business savvy individual for a full-time, salaried position based in Rio Rancho, NM. The Business Consultant/Trainer will serve individuals in Rio Rancho and Sandoval County, New Mexico who are interested in starting or growing a small business. The Business Consultant/Trainer will also serve as the Regional Manager, responsible for managing the overall success of the regional office. Key functions of the position are to provide business consulting, training, and assistance with accessing capital for small businesses in the region. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Consulting one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Delivering training classes for entrepreneurs and small business owners on relevant topics.
- Working with the WESST Loan Department to identify prospective candidates for lending, and working with the candidate and the loan department to shepherd the candidate through the loan application process.
- Working with diverse populations to assist individuals with obtaining business consulting, training, and access to capital.
- Marketing WESST’s services to the community through speaking engagements, participation at community events, and other activities.
- Submitting required program, funder and operational reports on a timely basis.
- Supervising team members aligned with the regional office.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse adult populations.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with past management experience, especially experience related to program or project management.
- Experience successfully presenting complex information to large and small groups.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from an accredited educational institution is required. A master’s degree in a business-related field is desired.
- English/Spanish bilingual proficiency is desired.
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Most work will be performed in an office environment, sitting or standing. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
To begin the application process, please fill out the position questionnaire below.
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.