Albuquerque Region Job OpeningBilingual Business Consultant/Trainer ABQ
Opening posted through November 30, 2019
WESST is seeking an English/Spanish bilingual resource for a part-time, independent contractor position to support our Albuquerque, NM office. The Business Consultant/Trainer will serve individuals who are interested in starting or growing a small business. Key functions of the position are to provide business consulting, training, and assistance with accessing capital for small businesses.
- Consulting one-on-one with entrepreneurs and small business owners on issues related to starting a business, managing a business (including financial management, marketing, operations, etc.), and obtaining business capital.
- Delivering training classes for entrepreneurs and small business owners on relevant topics.
- Connect clients with team members and external partners and mentors as necessary to support success.
- Support and collaborate with the WESST Albuquerque Regional Manager on the planning and the delivery of trainings, workshops and assigned program deliverables.
- Outreach to the Spanish speaking community to assist individuals with obtaining business consulting, training, and access to capital.
- Market WESST’s services to the community through speaking engagements, participation at community events, and other activities.
- Manage and build on relationships with community partners who also serve the Spanish speaking population.
- Submitting required program, funder and operational reports on a timely basis.
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Prior experience training or teaching diverse adult populations.
- Experience working in a small business, or with small business owners. Experience owning or managing a small business is preferred.
- Excellent bilingual written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth understanding and mastery of entrepreneurial skills and small business management techniques, including financial management, financial statement preparation, marketing and sales, business operation optimization, technology integration, etc.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from an accredited educational institution is required.
- English/Spanish bilingual proficiency is required for this position.
- Schedule flexibility is required as WESST training classes and events frequently take place in the evening.
- Up to 20% business travel may be required.
- Most work will be performed in an office environment, sitting or standing. Some work will be performed in a live training environment where sitting or standing is acceptable.
Please fill out the application: Bilingual Business Consultant/Trainer Questionnaire
No phone calls will be accepted. Candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
WESST is an equal opportunity employer and always employs qualified individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.