WESST PRESS RELEASES
Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship Workshops Coming to Santa Fe
On April 23, WESST Santa Fe is launching the free Etsy Craft Entrepreneurship workshop series to help creative entrepreneurs start an online shop on Etsy to sell handmade products and create supplemental income. WESST is the only New Mexico organization teaching the ETSY Craft Entrepreneurship Program.
Qualified participants will create their Etsy site while learning business basics like accounting, research, pricing, competitive marketing, shipping and more. A half-day session will be devoted to photographic techniques and applications for online selling.
In partnership with Etsy, a leader in e-commerce for creative entrepreneurs, the series of six workshops will be held at the WESST training room at the Santa Fe Business Incubator. It is free to qualified artisans and crafters of handmade products. Space is limited to 15 individuals. Selection will be on a first come first served basis – all applications will be submitted electronically. A wait list will be generated for those who are not admitted for the first series.
Classes will be taught by WESST’s guest trainer, Charlene (Charlei) Jacka. Charlie is an accomplished Etsy seller, photographer, ceramic artist, and has been instrumental in the growth and development of the Etsy network – NewMexiEtsy – which boasts nearly 250 members statewide.
- Resident of Northern New Mexico
- Have never made any sales* on Etsy.com
- Be computer savvy and have consistent access to computer and internet
- Have a credit card and bank account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Commitment to learn from and be present at all workshops
- Willingness to commit to homework completion
- Have at least one handmade item ready to sell online with a plan and the ability to develop a line of products to make the site competitive
*It is possible to have a store on Etsy.com but have never made sales.
Please fill out the Etsy Application to be considered for the program. If you have any questions, please contact Bette Bradbury (505) 988-5030 or Roseanna Perea (505) 474-6556